December 12, 2011

Salma Hayek in an interview on BBC

Salmahayek.jpg

Be careful what you ask for Salma, because you just might get it.
Mexican actress Salma Hayek said in an interview on BBC’s “The Graham Norton Show” that she wasn’t always as vivacious and self-confident as she is today, The Daily Mail UK reports. The “Puss in Boots” star says she was so desperate that she even asked Jesus Christ for his help.
“I went to a church that had a saint that was supposed to do a lot of miracles,” Hayek said. “I put my hands in the holy water and went: Please Jesus give me some boobs."
Hayek, 45, adds that she was “really scared” because she was “the youngest in class and all these girls were starting to get them (breasts.)”
I went to a church that had a saint that was supposed to do a lot of miracles. I put my hands in the holy water and went: Please Jesus give me some boobs.
- Salma Hayek
Hayek got what she wanted and a little more for good luck.
“I was getting teased a lot because everyone was older and I was the skinny tomboy,” Hayek continued. She also mentioned that speaking English was a big challenge when she first arrived to the US.”
“I was upset by one review because it said, "Salma Hayek, bombshell,"said Hayek. “I thought they meant the movie bombed because it was so bad.”
While seductively posing for V Magazine Spain last year, Hayek revealed her humble beginnings, her undocumented immigrant status early on and the hardships she faced in Hollywood.
“I was an illegal immigrant in the United States,” Hayek said during the interview. “It was for a small period of time, but I still did it.”
“I had to endure the worst time of all in terms of racial discrimination in Hollywood when I first started out,” Hayek said in the interview.
“It was inconceivable to American directors and producers that a Mexican woman could have a lead role.”
corgi german shepherd mix
pyrenean shepherd
corgi cross german shepherd
-->

Blog Archive